ADVERTISING SUBMITTAL GUIDELINES
Option 1: Submit a print-quality PDF (recommended)
We accept PDFs that have been generated from the following programs designed for professional printing: Indesign, Quark XPress or Photoshop.
Follow these ad generation tips for the best results:
- Place high resolution Grayscale or CMYK images (300 dpi at actual size)
- Keep black type on the black plate (avoid use of "rich blacks" or black type made from 4-colors
- When using reverse print or when placing type over a photo background, avoid typefaces that are ultra thin. Instead, choose a bolder typeface that is made up no more than 2 colors and is at least 14 pts.
- Generate PDF using the Press-Optimized setting (highest quality)
- When generating the PDF make sure to embed all fonts
NO CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO A PDF, (it is a Print Only Format). Deadline permitting, make changes on your end and resend. We may be able to give an extension if we know the corrected PDF is in route. If that is not posible choose Option 2 or Option 3.
Option 2: Submit ad materials for new ad layout ($50 per layout)
We charge $50 per layout. You can re-run the same layout in future issues with minor changes for no charge.
Follow these submittal instructions:
- Submit high resolution graphics (300 dpi at actual size - Larger dpi needed if artwork will need to be enlarged accordingly.)
- Provide detailed layout instruction in an email. If you choose you can attach layout instructions using the PDF format.
- Avoid pulling artwork from the internet as this is usually low resolution.
- Set cameras to highest resolution when submitting photos.
Option 3: Submit non-print quality PDF (not recommended)
Follow all steps in Option 1 to produce a print-quality PDF. If you send a non-print quality PDF, we do not guarantee a quality result. Instead, we recommend that you send such a PDF as a go-by only along with all supporting high resolution graphics (300dpi at actual size - larger if enlargement is needed accordingly) and we will reset your ad for a $50 charge (see Option 2).
Option 4: Changes after deadline ($50 late charge)
If we can accommodate a change past the ad deadline, you will incur a $50 late charge.
The trim size is 10 1/2 wide x 12 tall. The best way to build the ad is to set up the document 11 wide x 12 1/2 tall and have the background colors go all the way to the edge of this document. You can bring in non-printing guides to 1/4 inch all around to view what will be the trim size 10 1/2 wide x 12 tall. Avoid type or printable areas 3/4 inch in from the edge of the document to be safe (again another set of non-printable guides would be handy to see all of this).
Do not put crop marks in you ad. The non-printable guides (pulled from the ruler for reference are fine).