GRAZIER'S GRASSROOTS OF GRAZING SCHOOL
Tuesday, January 23 - Wednesday, January 24, 2024
Jim Gerrish, the author of Management Intensive Grazing and Kick the Hay Habit
A major emphasis of this school is the correct sequence of implementing grazing technology so that is "pays for itself". Develop a profitable operation from the grassroots taught by the grazier who wrote the books, Management Intensive Grazing and Kick the Hay Habit.
Block 1: HAVING A PLAN
- Setting goals for your farm or ranch
- What's your carrying capacity?
- Planning for year-around grazing
- Pasture inventory and monitoring
Block 2: GRAZING BASICS
- Building a better solar panel
- Balancing rest and use
- Keeping animal performance high
- Using stock density effectively
Block 3: GRAZING CELL DESIGN
- Fixed vs. flexible cell designs
- Planning stock water systems
- Proven electric fence tools & techniques
- Keeping infrastructure cost down
Block 4: YEAR-AROUND GRAZING
- Matching livestock and forage production cycles
- Stockpiling winter feed
- Annual pastures
- Effectively using winter pastures
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to manage a variable stocking rate
- How to stock your farm or ranch at the right level
- How to use a pasture inventory and grazing wedge
- How to maximize solar energy capture
- The importance of post-grazing residual
- When and how long to allow pastures to recover
- How to keep forage intake and an animal performance high
- Why stock density is the most powerful tool in your toolbox
- How to determine the appropriate stock density
- Avoid costly mistakes in grazing cell construction
- How much water does a cow or sheep need
- How to plan your grazing cell
- How to match animal and forage production cycles
- How and what to stockpile for winter grazing
- How to get the most out of annual pastures
- How to keep grazing through summer and winter
This Grazier’s Grassroots of Grazing School is limited to only 30 people. The tuition is $700. Upon registration, you will receive hotel information with your confirmation letter.
The tuition does not include lodging or meals. The Grazier’s Grassroots of Grazing School will begin at 8:00 AM on Tuesday, January 23 and end at 4:00 PM on Wednesday, January 24, 2023.
Refund Policy: There will be no refund issued with less than 14 days notice before the event.
For more information you can contact The Stockman Grass Farmer at 800-748-9808 or 601-853-1861.