How Much Do Ministries Matter To You?
Ministry Matters, Secrets of Heartfelt, Engaging Ministries, by Carolyn Nation, encompasses a decade of successful, active ministries from St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. By revealing the inner workings of some 40 plus ministries, Ministry Matters encourages pastors, ministry leaders, and lay people of all denominations to adapt these fresh ideas for your own effective ministries.
Collected into this single, one-stop resource, easy to follow chapters cover the following:
- How a survey can drive your ministries’ development;
- How you can transform a Ministry Fair into a dynamic event;
- How you can conduct meetings that matter;
- And more, including Lessons Learned to help you avoid time-consuming detours.
“A must read for every pastor, Parish Council member and anyone discerning their call to Discipleship. Ministry Matters is a well-written, highly motivating work packed with practical ‘fire starters’ that will ‘stir into flame the gift of God’ (2 Tim. 1:6) for those desiring to create parishes of excellence.” Deacon Ralph Torrelli, Author, Director of Deacons Continuing Education, member of CATH (Catholic Association of Teachers of Homiletics)
“Practical. Easy-to-use. Insightful. Carolyn Nation's book can be used by the parish going from ‘good to great,’ or the parish looking for that ‘jump start.’ If you want your parishioners to be involved, this is the ministry book you've been waiting for.” Paul Wilkes, author Excellent Catholic Parishes: The Guide to Best Places and Practices
Who will benefit from this book?
- Lay people or pastors who want to begin a stewardship program of time and talent yet do not know where to start.
- Anyone who needs a jolt of confidence to begin a new ministry.
- Leaders and volunteers seeking ways to revitalize your ministries.
- Pastors and leaders who want to take your ministries to the next level of service.
Carolyn Nation has written 15 other books and has been published internationally in newspapers and magazines. Her role as the Discipleship team leader at St. Thomas began in 2003. She invites you to adapt these ideas for your own ministry success.
Softcover. 262 pages
Total cost of $27.60 includes a $5.60 shipping fee.